9 October 2010

Knitting and Stitching goodies

One of the best things so far about the show has been the discovery of yarn made from possum fur. Possums are nocturnal, marsupial, tree dwelling creatures from Australia, introduced to New Zealand and now considered a pest there. It's a bit like knitting with rat and I'm very much looking forward to it.

My favourite treat was these bobbins from www.clothkits.co.uk. Their strapline is 'Make Time'. Very apt for me and my crammed life. The ticking may appear as part of my 'Lifelong Quilt'.

And finally, I can't wait to get started on this little guy from Knitted Wild Animals. I was planning to design a monkey, but if this guy is as nice to knit as he looks, then I won't need to. Progress report soon.

We're going back tomorrow for the last crazy, oversubscribed, hedy mix of fabric, buttons, books and delicious yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment